Evolve consigns, or sometimes purchases, upscale or designer clothing and accessories for men. Because of our limited space and commitment to quality we may be unable to accept some things. You may decide whether to have these items returned to you or donated to a local charity.
Here's what to look for before you sell or consign your clothing and accessories.
- Evolve sells only like new clothing and accessories. Even the slightest sign of wear may be cause for your items to be passed on by our buyers. It's not about you, it's about what we know our customers expect when shopping with us.
- Current styles only - You are right, quality is forever but styles aren't, so no matter how amazing the quality may be, the cuts do change. Today's suits are more fitted with narrower legs and thinner lapels on the jacket.
- Open shirt collar and stretch it. If the crease is faded, it probably wouldn't sell.
- No signs of fading or wear.
- No signs of wear on shirt buttonholes or ends of the cuffs.
- Stretch pant crease tight. No signs of fading or discoloration from dry cleaning / pressing.
- On shoes, no scuffs, scratches, or loss of shape.
- Brands we carry, but not limited to: Ralph Lauren, Zegna, Prada, Armani, Moncler, Barbour, Salvatore Ferragamo, Brioni, Oxford, Burberry, Etro, Eton, Kiton, ISAIA, Fendi, Jack Spade, Rag & Bone, Valentino, Lacoste, Vineyard Vines, Thomas Pink, Robert Graham, D&G, Hermes, Paul Smith, Ted Baker, Alexander McQueen, Versace, Hugo Boss, Robert Talbott, Turnbull & Asser, Gucci, Tod's, John Varvatos, TUMI, Louis Vuitton, DsQuared, Canali, Costume National, J. Crew.
Frequently Asked Questions
What does Evolve sell?
We sell only like new clothing and accessories, on some occasions we may be interested in your more vintage high-end items.
Does Evolve make house calls to pick up my items?
Not usually but you know the saying “rules are meant to be broken.” Under certain situations we will be willing to pick up items from you.
When can I bring things in to consign?
We review and accept items on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, & Thursday. It naturally takes time to review items and we want to be able to spend some time with you and look at what you are bringing in to us.
When do you accept seasonal clothing like coats and shorts?
A typical rule of thumb is a month or two prior to the actual “season” of the item that you are actually bringing in.
What type of clothing and accessories do you accept?
We are an upscale men’s store so we mostly take upscale brands, while we wish we could accept all clothes we have to make sure to stock our store with things our customers want. Feel free to reach out to us and we can explain and answer and questions that you may have.
How much money can I make?
The sky is the limit! We try to be as far as we can, you make what we make on your clothing & accessories 50/50 split.
What's the consignment period?
Consignment period is 90 days. At our discretion items may be marked down after 30 days an average of 50%. After 90 days from the date of your consignment agreement, items will be donated to the charity of your choice or returned to you. During the consignment period you are free to pick your items up at any time for any reason.
When will I get paid
You are welcome to call at anytime and check on your account anytime during the 90 day consignment period you can request a check and we will get you on the list for a check sometimes depending on time of year may be a one day to two week waiting period for you to get your check, but we do not mail checks for security concerns unless you live outside a 30 mile radius of the store.